The Bone & Joint Care Center is committed to providing our patients with safe and effective medical care, and we will remain accessible to our patients throughout the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic. In order to provide maximum safety to our patients and our community, we are making the following adjustments to our in-office visits and protocols:
- All administrative and support staff are working remotely from home in order to limit the number of people in our physical office space.
- All members of our clinical care team are screened daily; they are required to stay home if they exhibit any signs of illness.
- A team member will contact each patient within 24 hours of any upcoming appointment to both confirm the appointment and perform a verbal health screening.
- Our care team will direct patients who are experiencing flu-like symptoms or who have been in contact with anyone who is ill to reschedule their appointment and seek medical treatment with their primary care physician.
- Our waiting rooms are sanitized throughout the day; our exam rooms are sanitized before and after each patient encounter; our providers are limiting themselves to interaction in only a limited number of exam rooms in order to avoid overexposure. We have temporarily removed all coffee and magazines from the waiting room, as well as created a handwashing and sanitizing station for the patients.
- We are avoiding placing patients in the waiting room whenever possible. Intake forms and follow-up appointments will be handed in the exam room by a single staff-member. If we need to place patients in the waiting room, we are asking patients to keep a safe social distance.
- We are limiting the number of people in our office by only allowing patients and a single (pre-screened) guest when necessary.
As we make these adjustments, we are asking our patients to help us by making the following adjustments/accommodations:
- Please make all payments for outstanding bills or copays online or over the phone.
- Utilize MyTowerHealth to contact our providers or staff members. Our care team is connected and responding during our normal business hours.
- Please do not “drop by” the office – only come to the office if you have an appointment, otherwise, call us or use MyTowerHealth. Forms should be Faxed or e-mailed.
- Please come to your appointment alone if possible. If you need to bring someone along, please limit that to a single guest and inform our office staff of that guest when you confirm your appointment.
- Please be patient with our staff as we work hard to adjust to the continuous guidelines and changes. Everything we are doing is in the best interest of our patient, staff, and community wellbeing. If you experience difficulties or need to speak with a manager about a specific situation, please call 484-628-3795.
Excellence in Orthopedic Care
Stephen Longenecker, MD
After serving patients in eastern Pennsylvania for over twenty years, Dr. Stephen Longenecker developed the Bone & Joint Care Center as an expertly-run comprehensive orthopaedic care facility located inside the Doctor’s Office Building at the Reading Hospital. Outfitted with state of the art medical equipment and cutting-edge medical technologies, our compassionate and highly-skilled team of medical professionals work tirelessly to provide the highest-quality orthopaedic care.
It is our unique approach to medical care – one which combines a patient-centered medical practice with the most effective, innovative, and expertly-executed orthopaedic procedures available – that enables us to achieve high-quality orthopaedic outcomes for our patients.
Browse this site to learn more about Dr. Longenecker and the latest treatments available.
Disclaimer: This site is for informational purposes only. It is not meant to treat or diagnose anyone. Discuss all treatments and medical decisions with your doctor. I receive no royalties or payments from any orthopedic manufacturer, company or links provided on this site.